Vocations Guide to Priesthood
(a kind of pre-seminary)
• Should ensure that students are thoroughly and unapologetically educated in the authentic teaching of the Church.
• Why not encourage the pupils to “Adopt” a particular priest and pray daily for him.
• Arrange “Days of Prayer” for potential future priests. The School Vocation Cross Program is a great resource to help schools pray for vocations.
• Introduce Schools Vocations Cross programme. Every morning teachers and students might pray for vocations and for those in formation.
• Where appropriate encourage school chaplain or visiting priest to celebrate “School Mass” for vocations.
• Invite parish and visiting priests to share their own “vocation story” with students.
• Show DVD “Fishers of Men”
• Could convert a classroom into Eucharistic chapel for one special day to encourage students, staff and parents to pray for vocations.
• Allocate space for vocations literature on a prime notice board. (Contact Vocations Office for posters and prayer cards)
• Ensure some books on vocation to priesthood and religious life are available in library.
• Teachers should be encouraged to mention the Priesthood and Religious Life when discussing Career Development with students.
• Career Days- Allocate resources for fostering vocations.